Sunday, August 16, 2015

Overcome shyness with your phone.

The last time I talked about overcoming shyness and building confidence in oneself.
I emphasised on moving out of one's comfort zone just to improve on oneself, this time around, I'll be talking about using a very familiar tool to improve oneself.

Video recording: Yes, it's strange and familiar at the same time, the trick here is to record yourself and watch your actions. The days of practicing in front of a mirror are over, they say a camera never lies (how true it is you'll soon find out).

The other day I went to open a conversation with a girl I saw in a restaurant, I had a friend with me then, I asked him to make a video recording of my approach with the girl, he thought I was crazy.

At the end of the whole affair, I watched myself, where I said the wrong things and how my forehead furrowed at her rejection, in short I was disappointed and knew what I had to do to be better in my next approach.
It surely helped me in building confidence to approach the next girl I saw since I knew what not to do in front of her, and besides I had a chance to see myself in action.

My friend, if you have no body to record for you, it's fine. You can try to do your work on your own too.

Use video recording to your advantage and trust me, your shyness will dissipate as you watch yourself like a movie star *winks*. 

No comments:

Post a Comment