Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Self image matters

 I just read the definition of "Self-image"
 The idea one has of one's self about appearance, abilities and personality

According to the definition, the way one sees himself/herself is a great contribution to self Esteem
 Self Esteem to my own understanding is the amount confidence you have to execute actions especially in nervous situations.
It's a real annoyance that we humans can't see ourselves from a third person perspective and it has a telling effect on our psyche.

 "My name is Jacob, I am the best farmer in the village, I have a small farm though but I believe it is the best in the village even though Jack lives next door and has acres of crop land to disqualify my farm's potential, I still believe my farm is better than his."

This👆 is Jacob's self image
 He sees himself better than someone that the whole society deems superior to him, It's not a bad thing! In fact it makes him look at Jack as his equal rather than superior, and boosts his confidence/assertiveness when the both of them are called to defend their handwork.

 Now before I lose your attention, I'd like you to remember a famous quote from the Bible
"As a man Thinketh, so is he" (it had been clichéd... Unfortunately)

Although rich people are confident ( sort of) powerful people are more confident (or arrogant) but it's their thinking that makes them this way! The way they perceive their abilities and appearance. I've seen a beautiful girl that complains to me that she is "fat" even though she isn't, But the fact that she thinks of herself that way, there's nothing anyone else can say to change her mind easily.

Your Self-image can either be positive or negative and I've explained the positive side ( Farmer Jacob) and the negative part (the Beautiful "fat" girl)

Believe me! If you have positive self image, you'll be a step closer to attaining proper self development.
Having a negative one will not only make you see yourself as WEAK, but so will society in every aspect of your life.
I'll end with this
Be proud of who you are! Always think of yourself as "good enough, if not better!" Always

No comments:

Post a Comment